Plastic is the most common material used for the manufacturing purposes on domestic as well as industrial level. The characteristics of plastic are unmatchable to the other natural occurring substances. Due to its ability to be molded and composed in any shape, plastic had been widely used in many manufacturing worldwide. It is a very popular material on the industrial level as it is used extensively by every industry. The use of plastic materials has now completely replaced the use of metal in various applications.
The plastic industry is a vast business unit, which involves the manufacturing of the polymer materials commonly called as Plastic. These materials are used for multiple operations and purposes. Different industries have incorporated the use of the plastic materials and have used the polymers to manufacture materials and equipment related to their area of business. The plastic polymers come in different types and are processed to be used by different industries.
Use of Plastic in Medical Industry:
Plastic is one of the most commonly used material in the medical industry. It is the most essential part of the modern medical industry and without the use of plastic materials, the modern healthcare would not be possible. The most innovative procedures in the medical industry, involves the use of plastic.
The involvement of plastic in the modern healthcare industry had gradually increased over the last decade and today it is largely used for different purposes in the medical industry. It’s different uses and applications have helped in enhancing the patient’s safety, making the procedures simple and incorporating the use of cheap medical equipment for basic one-time use. In addition to that, the use of plastic has greatly benefitted the medical industry in terms of decrease in the medical expenses, transferable diseases and pain management.
Common uses of Plastic in Medical Industry:
Plastic is the most commonly used material in the medical industry and it is used for different purposes. The most common use of plastic materials in the modern healthcare involves: for related details, visit : https://industry.gov.au/industry/IndustrySectors/PharmaceuticalsandHealthTechnologies/Pharmaceuticals/Pages/default.aspx
- Manufacturing the numerous disposable equipment used extensively in the medical field. The most commonly used disposable materials are; injections, blood bags and heart valve closure tubes.
- Manufacturing of thin and light weight glass used in the optical glasses.
- Manufacturing of prosthetic hips and knees which offers great flexibility and comfort without harming the joints.
- Manufacturing of medical containers which are used to a great extent, such as the plastic containers, plastic bags, vials and pills bottles.
- Widely used for the medical implants due the properties of being light weight, compatible and lower in cost as compared to the metal glass.
Plastic Containers and its Importance in the Medical Industry:
With the wide use of plastic in the manufacturing of disposable, light weight and low cost materials, the most commonly used commodity in the medical industry are the plastic containers. The plastic container and bottles are used for all kinds of medical procedures across the world. Polypropylene vials, jars, …